East India Delight
Duration: 17 Days
Day 1 : Mumbai – Raipur – Champaran
- Morning : Flight from Mumbai to Raipur. On arrival leave for Champaran by road (approx 02hrs drive) enroute visit Rajim, Ghatarani, Jatmai etc. & transfer to Champaran. Overnight at Champaran.
Day 2 : Champaran
- Morning : Attend religious gathering (Bethak) of Mahaprabhuji.
- Afternoon : Visit Champakeshwara Mahadev Temple.
- Overnight at Champaran.
Day 3 : Champaran – Raipur – Bhubaneshwar - Puri
- Morning : Leave for Raipur Airport (approx 02hrs drive) for your flight to Bhubaneshwar. Arrive Bhubaneshwar airport. On arrival leave for Puri by road (approx 02hrs drive).
- Overnight at Puri.
Day 4 : Puri
- Morning : Visit to Jagannath Temple then will drive to Chilika Lake on Satpada.
- Overnight at Puri
Day 5 : Puri – Bhubaneshwar
- Morning : Leave for Bhubaneshwar by road (approx 02hrs drive).
- Enroute visit to Konark Sun Temple & Dhauli the peace pagoda.
- On arrival at Bhubaneshwar later they will visit to Lingaraj Temple.
- Overnight at Bhubaneshwar.
Day 6 : Bhubaneshwar – Kolkata
- Morning : Transfer to Bhubaneshwar airport for your flight to Kolkata.
- Arrive Kolkata airport & transfer to hotel.
- Afternoon : Half day City tour of Kolkata or Free for shopping.
- Overnight at Kolkata.
Day 7 : Kolkata
- Full day excursion to Ganga Sagar (approx 03 to 04 hrs from Kolkata). Overnight at Kolkata.
- A brief ITINERAY for the excursion to gangasagar is given below ...
- 0530 Drive from Kolkata for Harwood Point (108 Kms).
- 0715 Reach Harwood Point.
- 0730 From Harwood Point we will have to take a ferry (available at a regular interval of half an hour) to reach Kachuberia.
- 0830 We take a Tata Sumo from Kachuberia to reach Gangasagar (34 Kms).
- 0930 Reach Gangasagar 0930 hours to 1330 hours at Gangasagar
- 1330 We start our way back to Kolkata We reach Kolkata by 1900 hours.
Day 8 : Kolkata
- Morning : Kolkata City Tour covering Victoria memorial Hall, Belur Math, Mother Teresa’s house Flower Market, Kalighat & Dakhineswhar Temple. Overnight at Kolkata.
Day 9 : Kolkata – Delhi – Varanasi
- Morning : Transfer to Kolkata airport for your flight to Varanasi (Via Delhi).
- On arrival transfer to hotel. Afternoon visit to nearby Sarnath, (approx 1/2hrs by drive from Varanasi) where the Buddha began his teachings 2500 years ago.The places of interest at Sarnath are the Buddhist temples, the Dhamekha stupa, the Chaukhandi stupa and the archaeological museum.
- Overnight at Varanasi.
Day 10 : Varanasi
- Full day excursion to Allahabad (approx 03hrs drive from Varanasi) to see the Sangam (Meeting point) of the three rivers - Ganga, Yamuna & Saraswati, enjoy the Holy dip at the Sangam. Overnight at Varanasi.
Day 11 : Varanasi
- Full day Varanasi City Tour : Visit temples at the Ghats also visit Bharat Mata temple, Vishwanath temple and the Benares Hindu University, the largest residential university in India.
- Overnight at Varanasi.
Day 12 : Varanasi – Delhi - Mathura
- Morning : Transfer to Varanasi airport for your flight to Delhi.
- On arrival leave for Mathura by road. (approx 03hrs drive).
- Evening : Arrive & transfer to hotel. Overnight at Mathura.
Day 13 : Mathura
- Visit Mathura, Vrindavan, Krishna Janam Bhoomi. Overnight at Mathura.
Day 14 : Mathura
- Visit Gokul, Nanda Gaon, Barsana. Overnight at Mathura.
Day 15 : Mathura – Delhi
- Morning : Leave for Delhi by road (approx 03hrs drive) & transfer to hotel.
- Rest of the day free for shopping at Chandni Chowk / Connaught Place Or Visit Red Fort to see light and sound show. Overnight at Delhi.
Day 16 : Delhi
- Morning : Full day OLD & NEW Delhi City Tour, visiting Old Delhi – the majestic Red Fort, a marvel in red sandstone, Jama Masjid, the largest mosque in India, both built by emperor Shah Jahan of Taj Mahal fame, Rajghat - memorial of Mahatma Gandhi & a Rickshaw ride past through the silver street in Chandani Chowk.
- Later New Delhi - to include Rashtrapati Bhawan, one-time imperial residence of the British viceroys, the India Gate, a memorial raised in honour of the Indian soldiers martyred during the Afghan war, the Laxmi Narayan Temple also known as Birla Temple, built by the Birlas, one of India's leading industrial families, Humayun's Tomb, lotus shaped Bhai's Temple, Qutub Minar, built by Qutub-ud-din Aibek of the Slave Dynasty. Overnight at Delhi.
Day 17 : Delhi - Mumbai
- Morning : Transfer to Delhi airport for your return flight to Mumbai.