ATHENS - PAROS
Duration: 7 Days
Day 01: Arrival Athens
- Meet and assist at International Athens Airport and transfer to your hotel. Accommodation in Athens. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 02: Athens
- Today after breakfast you will be picked up from your hotel and start the half-day tour to Athens. This tour gives you an opportunity to observe the striking contrasts that make Athens such a fascinating city. Our expert guides will take you to see the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games of modern times were held in 1896 (short stop). Continue and pass by the Presidential residence (ex Royal Palace) guarded by the Euzones in their colorful uniform, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, the Hadrian’s Arch, the Parliament and the memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Academy, the University, the National Library, the Constitution Square (Syntagma). On the Acropolis visit the Architectural Masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: The Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally “the harmony between material and spirit”, the monument that “puts order in the mind”, the Parthenon & the New Acropolis Museum. Return at your hotel. Free evening. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 03: Athens-Paros
- Today after breakfast, you will check out from your hotel in Athens and transferred to Piraeus port for your ferry embarkation to Paros Island. In the heart of the Cyclades Islands, Paros, with 10,000 inhabitants and 120km coastline, is a whole world fulfilling everybody's dream of an Aegean Island. Serene landscape with fertile valleys and rolling hills dotted with small churches and monasteries, endless sandy beaches with sparkling blue waters, famous monuments from the lands rich ancient and medieval past, picturesque white villages bathed in the unique, dazzling Aegean light. All this, along with warm hospitality, excellent tourist facilities, rich cultural life, cosmopolitan ambience but also the possibility of seclusion, have combined to make Paros one of the most favorite spots in the Cyclades Islands. It is now your turn to discover and explore it. Arrival in Paros and transferred at your hotel. Rest of the day is free in order to explore the island. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 04: Paros
- Today, after breakfast the day will be free in order explore the island. Enjoy swimming and your favorite water sports, have fun in the local feasts, savour the local dishes and famed wines in restaurants, taverns and ouzeries stroll around the countryside and the lovely village streets, visit the handicraft shops, revel in the intense nightlife. Discover Parikia, the capital, visit the famous church of Katapoliani, one of Greece's most important Byzantine monuments, impressively preserved, the Venetian castle, and the Archaeological Museum with its exhibits from the ancient history of Paros and Antiparos. Discover Naoussa which is north of the island with its whitewashed alleys, picturesque fishing port and beautiful nearby beaches. Lefkes and Marathi which are in the middle of the Island with the ancient quarries of the famous Parian marble. The monasteries of Longovarda, Christou tou Dassous and many others. The tranquil fishing village of Aliki is on the south west of the Island with sandy beaches around. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 05: Paros
- Today, after breakfast the day will be free in order explore the island. It is well worth discovering the south east district from Marpissa to Drios is maybe the most beautiful in Paros, with picturesque villages and fishing ports (Marpissa, Pisso Livadi, Logaras, Drios), exquisite sandy beaches (Pisso Livadi, Logaras, Pounda, Messada, New Golden Beach, Golden Beach and Drios), interesting sights, warm island hospitality and model tourist facilities. Famous worldwide to fans of watersports, especially windsurfing, it also offers a variety of vacation possibilities for every taste, discover it by yourself and find out how many more surprises it holds. Distances in Paros are short, the roads are good and every ride has its own charm, with breathtaking views over the Aegean Sea and the surrounding islands. You can also take a trip to nearby Antiparos and visit its spectacular cave and turquoise-water beaches. And don't forget that Paros due to its position and importance is linked not only to Piraeus (The port of Athens) but also to all the islands of the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, Samos, even Crete Island. The possibilities offered are limitless, both in moving around and in your stay, since Paros has an excellent tourist infrastructure. We are sure all this will entice you to become fans of Paros. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 06: Paros-Athens
- Today, after breakfast you will be transferred to Paros port for your way back to Athens. Arrival at Piraeus port and transferred to your hotel. Free time to fresh up and settle at your room. Overnight at your hotel.
Day 07: Athens (departure)
- Today, after breakfast you will be transferred to Athens airport for your international departure flight.
Photos of the tour